Saturday, July 11, 2009

Liar

The sky was filled with grey cloud on Friday afternoon. Occasionally, cool wind breezed pass causing the surrounding trees to sway and grasses to rustle. When the wind was gone, the hard concrete ground was covered with fallen leaves.

The weather was gloomy and the day was sad. So was my heart.

I knew where baby's anger came from. The reason had haunted me the whole morning. I could not bring my mood up even during lunch break. As usual, I drove the two front desk ladies out for lunch. However, our lunch trip was made special with my Indian colleague joining us.

I was not chatty as before. While on the way back to office, I remained silent most of the time and since I was in bad mood, I found FM Radio flicking irritating especially when DJ started talking or commercial break. So I switched among the English Radio station every now and then.

Then one of the front desk lady suddenly shot out, "Hey, I want Jay Chou's Song. Play it." I was surprised by her request as my Indian colleague was sitting at the front seat. I felt he would be the odd one out if I played those songs. Yet I could not reject the request by telling the truth. This would definitely make him feel bad and reluctant to join us the next time.

So I lied. Pointing at the radio I said, "I like this song. Let me finish it first." Adam Lambert's Mad World was playing in the air...

"And their tears are fillin' up their glasses
No Expression, no expression
hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, no tomorrow

And I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad
The dreams in which I'm dyin' are the best i ever had
I find it hard to tell you. I find it hard to take
When people run in circles it's a very, very
Mad world, mad world.."

O, the song had reminded my sorrow. A heart breaking moment. When the song was done. I took out Jay's Chou's CD and passed it to the requester. "Take it. Go play it yourself."

Unexpectedly there was giggles in the car. Instead of inserting the CD into the player I treated the requester like one. Yup I had successfully changed the topic and by then we had reached our office.

When all of them left, I sat alone in my car. Baby's face flashed in my mind. I thougth to myself, " Dae I just lied. Not to deceive but just that I refuse to cause hurt." Closed my eye I drowned in my own sorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home