A Surprised Call
About three weeks back while I was on my way home I received a call that surprised me. My ex-colleague ring me.
"What can I do if I accidentally poured water onto my laptop.. It can't start now. So many things screw up today.", she sobbed. Cried quite badly. I knew something was wrong.
"Hmm.... first make sure you off it. Do not start. Hair dryer may be too hot for the notebook. Use a fan. Blow at it for the nite. Try power up next morning. If still not working then send to service center. Don't worry ok. Same thing happen to my friend. It works the next day when the notebook is dry.", I calmed her down.
Sensing that she was ok for conversation. I tried to find out if she was really ok. Guess what was her reply. She cried, "Can you come to my place. Bring me home."
Shocked by her reply. As the conversation continued, I realized she had quarrel with her boyfriend and was hoping I could drive her back home together with her belongings.
For a second I could not reply her .... It reminded me of how dae and me got started. Sigh, When you miss a person badly something would pop up to make you miss her more.
I rejected her. I did not want to do it. By that time I had already parked my car. It was closed to 1200am. I could not have the conversation at home so I walked in my neighborhood round and round to cheer her up.
I did that with dae before. She laughed at me when she knew I walked in the neighborhood just to have conversation with her. The whole incident reminded me of her again and again....
Today when I talk to this ex-colleague again. She is still with her boyfriend. The notebook? Her boyfriend sent it to the service center a week later. Faulty parts were replaced free of charge. She still uses the same notebook to msn me.
"What can I do if I accidentally poured water onto my laptop.. It can't start now. So many things screw up today.", she sobbed. Cried quite badly. I knew something was wrong.
"Hmm.... first make sure you off it. Do not start. Hair dryer may be too hot for the notebook. Use a fan. Blow at it for the nite. Try power up next morning. If still not working then send to service center. Don't worry ok. Same thing happen to my friend. It works the next day when the notebook is dry.", I calmed her down.
Sensing that she was ok for conversation. I tried to find out if she was really ok. Guess what was her reply. She cried, "Can you come to my place. Bring me home."
Shocked by her reply. As the conversation continued, I realized she had quarrel with her boyfriend and was hoping I could drive her back home together with her belongings.
For a second I could not reply her .... It reminded me of how dae and me got started. Sigh, When you miss a person badly something would pop up to make you miss her more.
I rejected her. I did not want to do it. By that time I had already parked my car. It was closed to 1200am. I could not have the conversation at home so I walked in my neighborhood round and round to cheer her up.
I did that with dae before. She laughed at me when she knew I walked in the neighborhood just to have conversation with her. The whole incident reminded me of her again and again....
Today when I talk to this ex-colleague again. She is still with her boyfriend. The notebook? Her boyfriend sent it to the service center a week later. Faulty parts were replaced free of charge. She still uses the same notebook to msn me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home